Black Friday (November) is still a couple of months away. Nevertheless, now is the best time to get a head start on your campaign strategies for 2019. Planning out your marketing and advertising strategies beforehand is crucial to launch effective campaigns. But hopefully, you already knew that!
Throughout this article, we’re going to be discussing the importance of using live product feeds for your banner ads. Let’s dive in, shall we?
What is a Live Product Feed?
A live product or data feed is a .xml file that contains details of all the products you are selling.
Services like Bannernow are able to automatically retrieve live data from your e-commerce site and immediately display it in banners throughout all ad networks including Google Ads.
There are many marketplaces and shopping channels that use product data feeds to communicate which product your banner will display, amongst other features we will get into in a bit.
The Perks of Using Live Product Feeds for your Black Friday Campaigns
When Black Friday comes around the corner, a lot can happen in just a few seconds. People are not only searching for great prices and discounts, but they’ll also be seeing ads all over the web – and clicking on the ones that catch their attention.
Now, imagine you just ran out of stock on a certain product and your customer clicked on the banner, but couldn’t complete the purchase? Yikes, right? Using a live feed for huge campaigns like Black Friday can avoid issues like this. Why? Because your live product feed will be updated with the stock number in your e-commerce. This way, any products that are gone, will not be displayed in your banners.
Other perks include:
- You won’t lose money for clicks on unavailable products.
- You can display on different channels while using the same feed.
- All the information about your products in one place.
- A great tool for multi-channel marketing, especially for Black Friday advertising.
- You’ll increase your visibility.
- You can set up live data feeds by product price, stock, discounts, personalized retargeting, and much more.
- You don’t have to manually update your feeds, they will be refreshed several times a day.
You can set up your live product feeds for your next Black Friday campaigns advertising strategy on Bannernow easily and effectively.
Steps to Connect a Live Product Feed to a Banner Ad
1. Copy the feed’s URL from your e-commerce system (ex: https://myshop.com/feeds/products.json)
2. Go to Bannernow.com
3. Create a new feed and paste the feed’s URL from your e-commerce.
4. Filter and select products that should appear in your display banners. For instance, you can sort by lowest price and maximum discount.
5. Open the banner’s template.
6. Select the image and connect the product’s image from the newly created feed. Repeat for the text portion – connect the product title and price.
7. Go to the banner settings and select the product URL from the feed.
8. Connect to the global banner hyperlink.
9. Save and publish.
10. Kick back on Black Friday while your sales go up!
Remember, if any product were to go out of stock, it will not be displayed in your banner ads.
Great Black Friday Ad Examples for E-commerce
When creating your next big Black Friday campaign, you might be looking for some inspiration for design and trends. If you are, we got you covered. Take a look at these quick examples of effective Black Friday banner ads for e-commerce:
In this banner, Quirky uses some really charming animation to kick the banner to the next level and make it more engaging. Remember, you can also create some super-cool banners without any design or coding skills by using the Only Mega tool.
You can definitely play around with your copy to create an engaging and converting banner. Remember that during Black Friday, customers are being bombarded with all kinds of offers. Don’t be afraid to be clever with your banner’s copy and snatch those clicks away from the competition.
Be bold – use colors and make sure the most important words are written in a straightforward way. Black Friday is all about the discounts on amazing products such as a pair of new Nike shoes. If you got a big discount running on a great product, make sure you advertise very clearly. Our templates on OnlyMega can surely help you with this 🙂
Another smart ad from Kit Kat. If you’re looking to do some branding amidst the Black Friday craze, this is a great example. Here, Kit Kat cleverly uses a product placement on their graphic and whispers “Take a Break” through the barcode. Can it get any better?
Black Friday can also be an opportunity to make your brand more visible.
Take a look at this stunning animation. This is a truly engaging banner with some exquisite design. Using some neon and some insightful aesthetics can go a long way. Try something new as long as it fits your brand’s narrative and personality!
It’s Black Friday, so you have to play a strong game. Create a compelling banner such as this one to communicate your offers! Ask your clients to hurry before it’s too late. A clever design plus a smart copy makes for an effective Black Friday ad campaign.
Using live product feeds for your next big Black Friday campaign during 2019 will surely make for great user experience. You’ll ensure no technical snags are hit while displaying your banners and getting your potential clients safely on your landing page, buying your product, and checking out in a few minutes. Live feeds are your next big potential tool, find out more about them here.